Saturday, February 25, 2012

RAPIDSHARE - THE NEXT ONE TO GO?




As if Rapidshare's dramatic decrease in data transfer rates for free users wasn't enough, today I discovered that any Rapidshare link I click on redirects me to the RS homepage. I've had a look around for any news about this but nothing exists (yet). Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? If it is terminal then it's a rather nasty turn of events that will certainly impact on 20% to 25% of the links that can be found at Funky Frolic. I'm hoping for the best but I'm not exactly optimistic at the moment.

Update - Well it seems like everything's back to (very slow) business at Rapidshare. I don't think I can be blamed for jumping to conclusions considering what has transpired in the last few weeks. Incidentally, if any of you are able to provide alternative links to Rapidshare downloads posted here then let me know in the comments section of individual posts. I'd appreciate any help that can be provided. Also, I apologise in advance for any future RS links I post, rest assured I am treating it as a last resort. Anything I upload myself will appear on Mirrorcreator.

13 comments:

Holly said...

All OK here - I think RS just gets overwhelmed on occasion due to Mega's demise.

Breathe ;-)

BTW,I absolutely cannot cope with Blogger's comment captcha.

Mr. Craig said...

I dunno Holly, I feel like there is something happening. Just don't know what yet. Have you tried any of my RS links? Working fine for you? If so, that's good news. Just sucks for me not being able to access a lot of stuff right now.

Captcha's getting you down? Tell me about it. An absolute annoyance but sadly necessary to protect against spam and the occasional rude person.

Crazy B said...

mediafire or 4shared please... rapidshare is slow at the moment...

60 mb in 1 hour :(

Repo said...

I just found this interesting link.
Looks like you CAN get fast speeds on RS.....but you have to spill the beans to them if you are uploading files and give them details of WHAT you are sharing first....hmmm...

http://torrentfreak.com/rapidshare-slows-download-speeds-to-drive-away-pirates-120224/

Mr. Craig said...

Yeah, I had a look at that article earlier today. Incidently RS links aren't working for me again : (

Mr. Craig said...

: ( LOL...

gilhodges said...

I was having the same problem with RS last night, and I have a premium account. Glad to hear it's back to "normal."

Anonymous said...

oron, 4shared, filepost (slow)

Hammer said...

The best is http://i.minus.com - http://speedyshare.com - http://smashupload.com.

The rest suck and eat ass in a bowl.

The Rapidshare is still working fine. It might be an redirecting extension (cannot type it here 'cause the HTML cannot be accepted in a comment bawx. Fail browser is fail, son.

Dig ya dawg.

H.H.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mr Craig I am having the same problem as you for about a week now. I always get the homepage and can't download at all. Sometimes I even get a page with all junk characters. I am a premium customer and RS has not responded to my e-mails.

Drool

Anonymous said...

Mr Craig I have same problem as you and I'm a premium member

Anonymous said...

Mr Craig I have same problem as you and I'm a premium member .RS not responding to my e-mails

verge said...

That same shit has been happening to me with mediafire for the last few days. About 10-20% of the links i go to direct me to my mediafire homepage. I hope its no problem coming down the pike.