Wednesday, May 11, 2011

MARIE "QUEENIE" LYONS - SOUL FEVER



















http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?1wi2zvg80o8511y

Track 1 - See And Don't See
Track 2 - Daddy's House
Track 3 - You Used Me
Track 4 - Your Thing Ain't No Good Without My Thing
Track 5 - Snake In The Grass
Track 6 - Your Key Don't Fit It No More
Track 7 - Fever
Track 8 - I Don't Want Nobody To Have It But You
Track 9 - We'll Cry Together
Track 10 - I'll Drown In My Own Tears
Track 11 - I Want My Freedom
Track 12 - Try Me

Not much is known about the mysterious life of Marie Lyons. For a period she was a backing singer for James Brown, released a number of 45's, then this wonderful album before disappearing from the spotlight completely, never to be heard from again. Marie had an incredible soul voice and the music is damn funky, her covers of "Fever" and Brown's "Try Me" are top notch. Maybe you could look at this as a female version of "Skull Snaps" in terms of its mystique within the vinyl hunting community. Thankfully it is now on CD and everyone has the opportunity to discover this brilliant record.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found you. Nice blog.

I look forward to all the good music I will be listening to.

Thanks.

FunkyFIL44 said...

yes CRAIG ! a another classic ...
thank to the famous spain reissue LABEL VAMPISOUL for this one !
you can buy it 9 EUROS on MUNSTERAMA (Say hello to GORKA PASTOR ! the brother of the creator of the VAMPISOUL label who sell from SPAIN all the VAMPISOUL catalog ....)

Tex said...

Ya see what happens when ya take a vacation, Bro? Blogger stands itself on end and craps itself!

Anyhow, I'm really looking forward to listening to this one, since this is the kind of thing one of my old radio stations would play back in the 70s (when all the music was better, and all the women were foxy.)

Tex
(who misses both)