Tuesday, May 29, 2012

ALAN PARKER + NUDITY AND VIOLENCE = WOW




I was having a look around YouTube yesterday when I came across this little gem. It's a clip from the 1973 film "Furyô anego den : Inoshika Ochô" aka "Sex And Fury". The music playing over the top is "The Free Life" by Alan Parker, a track which has been used in more than one film / t.v show over the years. I'm not sure if it actually appears somewhere in this particular film or if it was simply used by the uploader for the sake of the video. It's a very catchy piece of music, I've had it rolling around in my head all day. As for "Sex And Fury"...you'll have to see it to believe it! Definitely NSFW.





Here's the same fight scene with what appears to be the original music. Still funky though!

2 comments:

Repo said...

Ahhh, 'The Free Life' is a classic!
In fact I was only just listening to it the other day off a compilation album I had found in my (virtual) library.
Yes, it certainly does stick in your head, doesn't it.
I seem to recall that this music was used as an intermission piece between schools programmes when I was a kid.

Simes said...

The Free Life was also used as the theme for the Thames TV comedy-drama series MOODY AND PEGG, back in the '70's...